InfoComm 2018 occurred last week, Wednesday, June 6th thru Friday, June 8th in Las Vegas, NV.
InfoComm 2018 is the largest professional audiovisual trade show in the United States, with thousands of products for audio, unified communications and collaboration, display, video, control, digital signage, home automation, security, virtual reality and live events.
InfoComm provides integrators with a unique opportunity to meet with 1,000 exhibitors, thousands of products, and 44,000 attendees from 110 countries.
For the past 10+ years InfoComm has alternated between Las Vegas, NV and Orlando, FL. The change in geography gives integration partners and end users an opportunity to attend the trade show with at least a bi-annual frequency, however for the Newgentek team, InfoComm is a ‘must go’ each year. Here's why.
InfoComm provides Newgentek with the ability to see cutting edge technology and schedule meetings with our key vendor partners. As highlighted in our Mission Statement, our company is built on Strategic Partnerships - which are made up of our employees, customers and key vendors.
The theme this year seemed to be "more with less". Here is a review of specific technologies we noticed during our booth tours:
Video Conferencing / Huddle Room Solutions:
- Gone are the days of dedicated hardware video conferencing solutions for institutions. Companies like Zoom who partner with Logitech and Crestron provide a soft codec experience and are changing the game. Click here to learn more about Zoom.
- Logitech provides numerous feature-rich camera options like Meet-Up or Rally to provide crisp video and clear audio for users to communicate from one office in America to another in Europe.
- Crestron has continued to modify their Mercury solution that ties directly into the Zoom Platform for ease of configuration and allow room users to have their content shared on the screen within moments of arriving. Want more information on Crestron's Mercury solution? Click here.
- The JBL Brand within the Harman family continues to be a household name. This year they showcased their 2x2 Ceiling Speaker. The benefit to this speaker is the un-intrusive appeal. Most rooms use the 2x2 Ceiling Tile pattern, and the LCT 81C/T drops directly into an open 2x2 tile and provides that brilliant JBL sound. Click here to learn more.
- Sonance hit a home run with speaker appeal with the Professional Series PS-P63T. It’s a 70V/100V/8 Ohm selectable Pendant Speaker that utilizes a minimalistic design similar to pendant lighting to blend discreetly into the environment.
- Samsung showcased their Fl!p board, a digital white board device that provides collaboration within Huddle Rooms, Boardrooms and Conference Rooms. When the room users have all of their information on the board, instead of taking a picture of the board, the content can be emailed directly to meeting attendees. One more nice feature is the ability for the Fl!p to be used in landscape or portrait format.
For the Newgentek team, we returned from InfoComm energized about where the professional audiovisual industry is headed. We are excited to meet with our key customers to share the ways we can incorporate technology in an easy to use format, with a focus on how we can increase their productivity.
The countdown begins to InfoComm 2019, June 12th thru June 14th in Orlando, FL!